Freedom Begins Here is Loading...

Anonymous

Living with the addiction of Triathalons

My wife is a triathlete. It is an addicition like any other. My issue is not the excerise or the 4am mornings. It is the changes to her personality. It is no longer.."I would like to go for a bike ride" it has become "...I HAVE TO ride my bike or I have to put in my hours..." She has become an exceptionally selfish, self serving person. All things in moderation, but this is the adoption of a life style that I had no input with.

Worse is I have become more selfish the her. I have become to hate, with a deep seatted passion, everything and everybody related to her involvement, including her sometimes. I do not want to live my life like this. I should be able to support her and enjoy her passion. Instead, I see it as an obsession. How do I change and accept her choices? I ask god for his guidance to help me, I pray constantly.

Brother,
Seeking help from your church and checking out marriage enrichment classes helps. But first you have to approach your wife with loving compassion and be prayed up when you ask her to join you to go. If she is busy working-out - then you go and get some knowledge for yourself. Getting into some marriage counseling helps but like i sad you need to get some support from your pastor.

hang in there and don't throw in the towel-
RQ
by RQ, 5 months, 2 days ago

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed as anonymous unless you login.
Not registered yet? Signup now.

Name:

Email:

Comment:

Name:

Email:

Comment:

Welcome to our Community!

The community section is all about you. Post your questions and share your thoughts. Interact with the Freedom Begins Here team and with other people.

Click here to start a new conversation now!

Start a Conversation
Gray Communications, Inc. Creative Video Production and Web Design
Copyright © 2009 Gray Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved.